Effective Date: January 21, 2019
Miti collects your name, email address, phone number, firm name, job title and department, physical address and various information about your employer or company, along with any other information you choose to provide when you submit such information to us through the Site, including on our contact forms.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by Miti when you use the Site. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Miti for the operation of the Site, to maintain quality of the Site, to improve our marketing and advertising services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies?A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site;
- to provide you with customized information about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- to operate, improve, and personalize the products services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site;
- for research and analysis purposes; and
- to communicate with you.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with third-party service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide data analysis and research services, to send out email updates about the Site, and provide marketing and advertising services for us.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Miti does not share any of your information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
Miti uses reasonable security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. Miti is not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data.
Miti will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation, or until you request that we delete it. You may modify your information with Miti by emailing us at email@example.com. Copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted will remain in our systems if applicable law requires us to retain it.
Links to External Websites
Do Not Track
Our Sites do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No part of our Site is directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Questions and Changes in Information
Notification of Changes